Wednesday, January 3, 2007

The Lemonheads

100 Years of Trash and I sat at the upstairs bar of the Black Cat waiting for The Lemonheads to hit the stage when these two girls came up and asked if we would look at their Zune's. "Sure." I said without much thought. They began flashing photos. Hmmm....

As we sat and drank, Michael Williams (Vietnam) announced that they would play a Gin Blossoms cover. What? Gin Blossoms? Then it hit me as I looked around in confusion. This was the 90's grunge scene relived. It was amazing. It was beautiful. Everything I missed as an adolescent because I was stuck in a town with no real music.

I had to get that off my chest. It's been a long time coming. For a more accurate description of the event please see Trash's December post.

2 comments:

100YearsOfTrash said...

"stuck in a town with no real music"

you're as bad as natalie merchant.

nice "now playing".

Kevin Brown said...

well... truth is - the best we had in the '90s were a handful of local punk bands that put on an all ages show once a year or so.

Now I'm going to look for some old Nine Pound Hammer -or- the infamous Inverted Nipples