Monday, February 5, 2007

Keller Williams: Part III

The Logistics
Concert Tickets
We received an email notification about three weeks in advance from Rams Head Live! that Keller Williams was coming to town (Baltimore). Several years ago I would have suggested we buy tickets at the door, but I have learned my lesson with one too many nights with my finger up hoping, wishing, freezing, looking, pleading... Who's got my miracle?


Hotel
At the last minute I remembered that we almost missed the train back to DC last year, so I decided to look online for a hotel in the inner harbour. $180... $200... $300! I began to prepare myself for dropping two bills on a hotel when my sister suggested I check out hotwire.com. The deal with hotwire is that you get to pick the general location and the star rating, but they don't show you the actual hotel until you've already paid for it. I decided to gamble.


Through hotwire.com I was able to secure a room at the InterContinental Harbor Court in downtown Baltimore for $99.00!

Food
During 2006 Keller weekend the weather was warm and we took the water taxi across the harbor to Fells Point. This year, it was much colder, and we were closer to Federal Hill, so we walked over to see an old friend of mine and ate dinner at Mothers. I am sad to say the restaurant was smoky and the veggie options were poor - at best.

Inside the venue, we stuck with Miller Light in the plastic bottle. Last year we tried the local brew which was awful!


Merchandise

After the show, I came very close to spending $40.00 on the green Freek hoody (You know, you have to support the music!) But my inner circle talked me out of it and instead I bought two t-shirts for the same price. Keller's new album Dream is available for pre-order on the website, but I didn't see it at the merch booth.


Trav
el
We were lucky enough to catch a ride to Baltimore with my sister and her friend. The trip up I-95 took only 35 to 40 minutes. Cab rides around town averaged between $5.00 and $6.00 including the fare from Federal Hill to the Penn Station. On the way back we caught the train. One way Amtrak tickets (from Penn Station to Union Station) were advertised online for $14.00 per person. Here's a nifty fact... day of tickets go up to $21.00!

Nonetheless, we made it back into DC safe and happy. In all, the 2007 Keller Williams show was another success story full of good times, great jams, learning opportunities, and memories to last a lifetime.

Happy Birthday, Keller. Hope you have a great year and we'll see you next time!

No comments: